As researchers, we are passionate about scientific excellence because what we do today may improve the lives of people tomorrow. We work to transform scientific knowledge and medical advances into cutting-edge therapies to improve people’s lives worldwide. Discovering solutions for the world’s most pressing medical needs is our top priority.
Our R&D community is made up of scientists, physicians, technicians, product and manufacturing engineers and world-class innovators, all of whom contribute to our scientific leadership. Our goal is breakthrough innovation that can transform, extend and potentially save lives.
As people live longer, chronic conditions are on the rise. New viruses and diseases are emerging, while old enemies like cancer and neurodegenerative diseases remain. Sanofi is driven by the scope of these health challenges.
To unlock tomorrow’s science to develop the latest treatments, Sanofi’s R&D community is:
- investing in multi-targeting therapies to tackle multiple diseases with a single drug
- working on combination therapies to make treatments more effective
- developing new biologics to produce precision medicines
- conducting breakthrough research to unlock the potential of gene therapy
- leveraging artificial intelligence and innovative digital technologies to empower patients to better manage chronic conditions.
Discover our pipeline
At the end of March 2021, the R&D pipeline contained 80 projects, including 36 new molecular entities in clinical development (or that have been submitted to the regulatory authorities). Thirty seven projects are in phase 3 or have been submitted to the regulatory authorities for approval.
Job bag number MAT-GB-2001748 (v2.0)
Date of preparation May 2021